Getting new windows can mean a lot for your home. You can have better ventilation, improved indoor comfort, and more savings. Replacement windows can also enhance the look of your home and return your initial investment. In fact, Remodeling magazine’s “2016 Cost Vs. Value Report” indicated that window replacement can pay you back up to 68.9%. This was on a regional scale.
Before you buy replacement windows for your home, here are some things to consider:
1. Energy efficiency – Modern replacement windows in Albany, NY have energy-efficient materials that reduce energy consumption. This type of window can pay you back through energy savings.
2. Performance ratings – The National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) tests and certifies windows based on their performance ratings. NFRC and ENERGY STAR seals include the following information: U-factor, solar heat gain coefficient, air leakage rate, and visible light transfer. Look for these seals to make sure your windows can save you energy.
3. Reliable materials – Your windows will face different weather conditions over time. This is why you should look for options that are durable, low maintenance, and efficient. [company_name], for example, makes windows with Fibrex® frames and Low-E4® glass options. Together, they ensure long-lasting performance under any weather condition.
4. Function – You can choose between operable and fixed windows. If you need to improve ventilation in any room, consider operable designs like casement, sliding, or double-hung. If you want to frame views, then picture, bay, and bow replacement windows in Schenectady, NY, and the surrounding areas, are great options.
5. Aesthetic appeal – Like other exterior components, your windows have an effect on your home’s curb appeal. Look for a color and style that will blend well with your home’s architectural style. Hardware choice can also affect the way your windows look.
6. Proper installation – No matter how durable the materials and efficient your new windows are, they will not work their best without proper installation. Make sure you work with trusted installers like Renewal by Andersen. We will pre-measure, craft, and install your windows according to your needs.
Renewal by Andersen of Eastern New York has been helping homeowners create better homes using energy-efficient, beautiful, and reliable window options. Our windows carry the ENERGY STAR seal and are made from top-notch materials for long-lasting performance. We back our products with industry-leading warranties for your peace of mind.
If you want to learn more tips on buying replacement windows, schedule a free consultation today. You can reach us through our contact form.