The right preparation can make all the difference in your window installation. This means knowing what to expect during the entire process. Doing so can help keep your project running smoothly from start to finish.
To help you get started on your project the best way, Renewal by Andersen® of Eastern NY shares the five things to expect during the window installation process.
1. Mess—Home improvement projects generally involve considerable mess and noise. Window installation is no exception. First, make sure you and your window installer are on the same page about keeping the mess to a minimum. Then, you can make your own preparations. Strip window treatments, like curtains or blinds, off your existing units before your workers arrive.
You should also remove plants, pictures, breakables, and decorative items from your windows’ sill and ledge. This offers the installers unhampered access to your windows. Additionally, be sure to move or cover any furniture near the work area to protect them from dust.
2. Noise — Window installation can also be noisy. If you’re planning to replace most windows in your home, inform your neighbors as a courtesy. You can also make arrangements to keep children and pets away from the work area while the project is ongoing. Their safety is one less thing to worry about while your contractor installs your new bow window.
3. Extensive Foot Traffic — There will be workers going to and from your home, so designate the path and door that they can use for convenience. Move things that might serve as obstacles, like vehicles and gardening materials, elsewhere. Your installers will likely work outside your home too. They might use stepladders and other equipment, so expect a bit of disturbance to the landscaping under your windows as well.
4. Unwelcome Surprises — Window installation can be more straightforward with the right planning. That’s why it’s better to set aside a budget for contingencies. The same goes for changes you might make to your project. For instance, you might want to invest in Renewal by Andersen custom windows instead of the more standard window styles.
5. Unpredictable Weather — The weather may not agree with you on the day of your home improvement. Consult your contractor on what weather conditions are acceptable for your project.
Turn to [company_name] for a safe and worry-free window installation process. Call us at [company_phone] or fill out our form today for a free estimate.